1. In a large bowl beat the butter until smooth, add the brown sugar and syrup, mix on a medium-high speed until creamy.
2. Beat in the egg for 2 mins.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cardamom and cinnamon. Slowly combine with the wet ingredients. Your gingerbread dough should be slightly sticky.
4. Roll your dough into a ball and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours.
5. Take your dough out of the fridge and place it on a lightly floured surface. Roll your dough out ¼ inch thick.
6. Using a round cutter, cut out your gingerbread pieces and place them on a tray.
7. Place in the oven at 180°C for 10-12 minutes until golden. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
8. Once completely cooled, add a small piece of blue cheese, mandarin slice and a couple of rosemary leaves. Drizzle your honey on top and enjoy!