1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicone mat.
2. Unroll the pastry, then divide it into 16 small rectangles and brush with egg wash.
3. Drag a knife across the surface of the dough along the edges to create a border for the crust, then place a slice of Creamy Havarti in the center.
4. Bake for approx. 10 minutes, or until they are a beautiful, golden brown.
5. Top with cranberry sauce and thyme, then serve immediately.
The cheese ball and a variety of the cheese ball recipe is a longtime favorite amongst many. But if you strive for sublime snacks and sublime cheese bites, this is a new favorite alternative. These cranberry bites are somewhat classier than the traditional cheese balls both in looks and taste because of the blend of sweet and savory and the crusty puff pastry dough. The clear cranberry red sits delightfully on top of the neutral-colored pastry and will pleasantly suit the eye – and that is sometimes half the enjoyment. Cheese in puff pastry is simply a wonderful combination – especially with the choice of a creamy and easy-to-melt cheese like the Creamy Castello Havarti cheese.
The balanced combination of flavours and the easy-to-grab size is perfect for any get-together. Serve the cheese puffs as appetizers, as a delicious side dish, or even as a dessert. This baked Havarti in puff pastry is among the best elevated cheese balls recipes. With its highly appetizing looks and taste, it is a given new favorite for your next dinner party, at-home treat or as part of a cheese board. So, whether you call them elevated cheese balls, cheese bites, or cheese puffs, enjoy the delicate taste in every single bite.